Friday, March 1, 2013

Empty Nester for an evening

I am home alone because the rest of the family is working at my husband's business. I think I am getting a taste of what it is like to be an empty nester and I don't think I like it much. For those of you who don't know me, I had my first 4 kids within 4 years and those were pretty crazy times. I thought I would never have the chance to be alone again. When my youngest was born there was a 10 year gap between him and his brother. He was quite a surprise and I am so grateful that we will have him around when the others have all left. Now my youngest is almost 12 years old and I feel that time is passing too quickly! We just finished our last science fair which is an activity I'm not going to miss. He still likes me to read a good story to him. We are in the middle of the first Fablehaven book and are wondering what will happen on Midsummer Eve (the next chapter). Luckily my daughter got married last summer so there is the promise of little ones being in my life again.

No comments:

Post a Comment