Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sharpening the Mind

They say if you don't exercise your mind it will become flabby just like an unused muscle. My mind has been getting a workout lately and it's a bit out of shape! Through my work I have access to online training and lately I have been sharpening my Photoshop skills. Pictured below are some of my visual projects where I have distorted my children's faces. After filling my mind with all of these tips and techniques, the real test is if I'll remember what I learned tomorrow. I guess all I really need to know is that something can be done and to remember the source of knowledge so I can refer to it again.



I have enjoyed the creative workout I have been getting from the WantsToBe Series of children's books. I just finished illustrating my 5th book, The Chipmunk Who Wanted to Be a Bear. The sense of accomplishment is short-lived because almost before I save my last file, my mind is visualizing how I will illustrate the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment