Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Spring Vacation

It seems like Spring Vacation comes more frequently as I get older. There was a time when I had five children at home during the break but now I am just down to one. I find it interesting that for me this time of year means twice the work. I am not complaining, just amused that "vacations" are never that for parents. For the first time I don't have to worry about keeping my youngest occupied. He has a purchasing goal in mind so he is looking for every way possible to earn a buck.

It has been a great week so far. Or latest book The Alligator Who Wanted to Be a Dog was a #1 Bestseller in it's category yesterday! Tomorrow we are going to Washington to celebrate my Mother-in-Law's 85th birthday. It was supposed to be a surprise visit but apparently the word is out. The trip will be memorable as always with six in a van, bags of Doritos and road games to play. My husband is usually the only one awake after we pass through Salt Lake City. I guess these spring breaks come quickly because we usually end up doing the same thing; visiting family and friends. We do it year after year because the relationships we have are the spice of life. And there sure is a variety of spices in the cabinet!

No comments:

Post a Comment